Finance Records List Template
The Finance Records List Template is a complete list of Finance records that should be maintained by Financial Management. FA1040-2 FINANCE RECORDS LIST, whether in hard copy or electronic form, should contain the following information on each record, at a minimum:
- A unique identifier (e.g., sequentially numbered alpha/numeric ID);
- A description of the record;
- The location of the record;
- Minimum retention time; and
- Directions for record disposition.
Finance records should be retained for no less than the period of time required by applicable statutes, regulations, and/or contractual requirements. Unless otherwise indicated, those records should be disposed after their minimum retention time is attained.