Bill of Materials Report Template
The Bill of Materials Report Template is a guide as to what should be recorded when Engineering first begins work on a new product or project. This preliminary list can be revised at any time during the product development process but once the product has been approved and become part of the Master Device Record, an Engineering Change Notice/Document Change Control form must be initiated and approved to change a component on the Bill of Materials.
The MFG102-1 BILL OF MATERIALS FORM (SAMPLE) should have a standard heading which should include, at a minimum:
- Company name;
- Title name of the product or subassembly; and
- Latest revision number and revision date.
The body of the Bill of Materials Report Template should contain the following information, at a minimum:
- Part Number: See SOP for description of part numbering system.
- Part Name and Description: Approved components should be adequately described to provide enough information to identify the part. The description can include the following or any combination of the following if applicable: brand name, specifications, performance requirements, or commercial standards.
- Unit of measure: The ordinary method the part is packaged for delivery. For example, liters, feet, each, box, pounds, etc.
- Primary vendor, manufacturer, or distributor.
- Primary vendor’s, manufacturer’s, or distributor’s part number.
- Standard cost per unit of measure.
- Quantity of each component used in the product or sub-assembly.
- Extended cost per component: Unit of measure cost times the total quantity of components.
Bill of Materials Report Template Details
Format: Microsoft Word 2013 (.docx)
Manual: Business Sampler
Procedure: Bill of Materials Procedure MFG102