Dr. Chris Anderson, Lean Six Sigma BB
Dr. Chris Anderson is an experienced business process improvement change leader specializing in driving efficiency improvements within established groups, bringing down production costs year after year, and creating metrics, dashboards, and standard operating procedures to drive understanding of the underlying levers of growth. Expert at planning/executing lean & six sigma deployment, strategic process design, and aligning processes with metrics distinguished by triple digit revenue gains and double digit EBITDA improvement.
He is the the Managing Director, editor, and co-author of many of the policies and procedures manuals; assisting in the layout, process design and implementation of the information. Chris is the primary instructional designer for the business process training programs and is a Principal Consultant and project leader on various Bizmasterz Lean ISO Quality consulting assignments.
He has managed over 200 lean/six sigma/ISO/Quality projects to solve complex supply chain, manufacturing, and customer service problems in the manufacturing, service, and information technology industries. He works with senior leaders using financial analysis, Lean/Six Sigma, and business process methods to drive continuous improvement transformations that increased business process effectiveness and efficiency. Including: developing process maps, policies and procedures, training programs, metrics, and dashboards to grow sales, reduce backlog, and improve cash flow. Examples include:
- Developed a new lean process for technical support and new features development for a software developer. The new process reduced both technical support head count and average number of support phone calls by 40% in only 90 days.
- Implemented lean thinking within various manufacturing companies from medical devices, publishing, aerospace, metal fabrication and continuous process industries.
- Facilitated the strategic alignment of organizations within Internet, software, distribution, publishing, and manufacturing industries.
- Developed Agile training programs for IT and Technology Management to improve IT management effectiveness.
- Developed Retail/Accounting Policies and Procedures for a new retail company.
- Obtained Lean ISO 9001 (AS 9100) certification for Warehousing, Publishing, Manufacturing and IT Companies.
Quality, Lean and Six Sigma Process Improvement Instructor
Chris is currently the Managing Director of Bizmanualz, Inc. where he teaches class in:
He served as President of Investorsoftware.com, a catalog, Internet and mail order company specializing in business finance and investment analysis software products where he grew sales of technical analysis software for stocks, options and futures trading; business finance software for business planning, financial statement and ratio analysis, valuation, and raising capital; and business management products for policies, procedures, forms, and process design.
He served as Vice President at Arc Tangent, a direct mail marketing software publisher, where he managed all business operations, sales, marketing, accounting and administration. Prior to Arc Tangent, Dr. Anderson managed North American distribution sales for Interactive Systems (acquired by Sun Microsystems) a UNIX operating system developer and services company.
He has worked as a technical marketing analyst at Siemens (Nixdorf Computer), a computer/software engineer for Boeing (formerly McDonnell Douglas) developing missile simulation software for the US Navy as well as developing MIL-STD documentation. He served as a Lieutenant and Aeronautical Engineering Duty Officer (AEDO) for the US Navy working for the Naval Air System Command.
ASQ St. Louis Leadership
He is a senior member of the American Society of Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), Certified Quality Manager/Operational Excellence (CQM/OE), Certified Quality Process Analyst (CQPA) and Certified Quality Improvement Analyst (CQIA). He is a past chair of ASQ St. Louis, Section 1304 and has served as ASQ Region 13 Deputy Regional Director, and on the Lean Division Leadership, Membership and Training Committees of ASQ.
Chris Anderson’s Educational Background
Chris is a graduate of the Missouri Enterprise Advanced Manufacturing Specialist Training Program (AMSTP), an 18-month training program covering Six Sigma, Business, and Lean Enterprise techniques, held in conjunction with the Missouri University of Science and Technology (formerly “University of Missouri-Rolla”) and the Missouri Training and Employment Council. Chris is a Missouri Quality Award (MQA) Examiner, a Baldrige based criteria.
- Doctor of Business Administration/Operations Management, University of Missouri, Saint Louis, Missouri,
Dissertation: Demand Forecasting for Optimal Inventory with Long Lead Times.
- Master of Business Administration, Pepperdine University, Malibu, California.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois.
- IRCA Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Training.
- IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Training.
- Advanced Manufacturing Specialist (Lean and Six Sigma Black Belt) Missouri University of Science & Technology
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), Certified Manager of Quality/Operational Excellence (CMQ/OE), Certified Quality Process Analyst (CQPA), and Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA).
- ITIL version 3 certification.
- Missouri Quality Award (MQA) Examiner
- Instructor and consultant for Bizmanualz Internal Auditor, Lean Thinking, Innovation in Design, ISO 9000, and Well-Defined processes classes
- Industry experience within AS9100 Aerospace, ISO 9001 manufacturing, IATF 16949 Automotive, FDA/ISO 13485 medical device, Sarbanes-Oxley Accounting, and ITIL Information Technology compliance standards.