The Equal Employment Opportunity Procedure provides information for posting required notices and filing compliance reports to the EEO Act.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Procedure applies to the human resources department and other personnel required for preparation of these reports. (8 pages, 2565 words)
Every employer covered by the non-discrimination and EEO laws is required to post on its premises the poster, “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” in accordance with CMP107 FEDERAL POSTING REQUIREMENTS. The notice should be posted prominently, where employees and applicants for employment can readily see it, in both the lunch or break room and where applicants complete the employment application or job interview.
Employment information is reported under one of the nine job categories, ranging from managers to service workers. For each category, the employer must note the total number of employees, race/ethnic background of both male and female employees. Both full-time and part-time employees must be included in the survey. Employment figures from any pay period in July through September may be used. Those employers with previous written approval to report year-end figures may continue to do so.
The Controller should be responsible for ensuring compliance with EEO regulations.
Human Resources Manager is responsible for preparing and maintaining all EEO reports. The Human Resources Manager shall prepare the Employer Information EEO-1 survey Form 100 annually to evaluate The Company’s internal programs for insuring equal employment opportunity. This annual report must be filed with the Joint Reporting Committee not later than September 30.
- EEO Posting Requirements
- EEO-1 Reports
- Vets-100 Report
Equal Employment Opportunity Procedure References
- Employer Information EEO-1 Survey Form 100
- Title VII, Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act
- Executive Order 11246
Equal Employment Opportunity Procedure Forms
- Employer Information Report EEO-1 Form
- Federal Contractor Veterans’ Employment Report Vet-100 Form
What EEO means to your Company HR Manual
- Your Company HR manual should explain how you employ those applicants who possess necessary skills, education and experience without discrimination.
- Your Company HR manual should explain how you promote, upgrade, transfer, demote, recruit, advertise, or solicit employees for employment without discrimination.
- Your Company HR manual should explain how you train during employment and select for training and apprenticeship programs without discrimination.
- Your Company HR manual should explain how you establish employee rates of pay and terms, conditions, or privileges of employment without discrimination.
- Your Company agrees that All employees are expected to not aid, abet, compel, coerce, or conspire to discharge or cause another employee to resign because of discrimination.
- Your Company must display the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster (available in PDF format from the Department of Labor’s web site) in conspicuous places in all Company locations.
Related Equal Employment Opportunity Web Links
- EEOC U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- FLRA Federal Labor Relations Authority
- DOL Presidential Task Force on Employment of Adults with Disabilities
- U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- DOJ Civil Rights Division
- DOJ Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices
- DOJ ADA Information
- DOJ Office of Justice Programs (OJP) Equal Employment Opportunity Office
- U.S. Census Bureau EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FILE: 1990 EEO
- PBS EEO CLARIFIES GUIDELINES – APRIL 30, 1997 – TRANSCRIPT
- FEDERAL EEO AND CIVIL RIGHTS EXECUTIVES
- Equal Employment Opportunity Law
- The Washington Lawyers’ Committee Equal Employment Opportunity Project