Gap Analysis engagements range from business process assessment, design and implementation to a complete set of internal controls for compliance with ISO 9000, JCAHO, OSHA, FDA, or Sarbanes-Oxley, to name a few.
- Policy And Procedure Development and Training
- Operations And Internal Controls Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Financial Health Check-Up, Reporting and Analysis Models
- Business Process Design and Process Improvement
- ADA Compliant Job Description
- Employ Handbook Creation
- Security and Disaster Recovery Planning
- JCAHO Medical Compliance
- ISO 9000 GAP Analysis, Preparation And Training
- HIPAA, OSHA, FDA and other Regulatory Compliance
Assessment through Gap Analysis
The first step to any engagement is for all parties to agree on the exact scope of the project. A Bizmanualz Gap Analysis is performed over a 2-4 day period to assess the current state of the organization (situation analysis) and produce a baseline for comparison to the target goals and objectives.
The Bizmanualz Gap Analysis results in an engagement plan that identifies the gaps between the baseline and the target goals, the specific action steps and the resources required to achieve the project objectives (see Engagement Plan below).
The Bizmanualz Gap Analysis starts at $2,500.00 for the first two days (most Bizmanualz Gap Analysis are completed within two days).
Upon receipt of a Purchase Order, Bizmanualz, Inc. will arrange a mutually convenient date for the Bizmanualz Gap Analysis to be performed. During this assignment, Bizmanualz proposes two review meetings one at the outset, and the other at the completion or delivery to review the effectiveness of the project and deliverables. The analysis itself consists of five core activities.
Pre-planning activity between the organization and Principal Consultant. The Principal Consultant will contact you to obtain background information used to become familiar with the engagement. Pre-planning occurs prior to the onsite visit and includes the collection of:
- Business Summary. An organization profile describing the business activities, locations, and number of employees at each location.
- Target Engagement Objectives. Current scope, goals and objectives description for the follow-on engagement.
- Org Chart. Current organization structure.
- Job Descriptions. Employee data by function.
- Employee Handbook. Current Personnel Manual.
- Support Contacts. Contact details identifying the personnel available to support the Gap Analysis.
- Organization Surveys. Completion of management and employee surveys.
- Management Manual or Data. Management Manual, Policies, Procedures, Contracts or agreements, and Forms that make up the current Management System.
- Software Review. An overview of the software tools used to manage employee data, control organizational documents, or management data.
- Financial Statements. The last five years of financial statements summarizing the company’s performance.
An introductory meeting with top management, facilitated by the Principal Consultant, outlining the methodology and deliverables. The introductory meeting will occur on the first morning of the engagement.
The aim of this meeting is to agree on the overall delivery plan and to review and determine the full requirements and scope of the project, allocate tasks and analyse and mitigate any project risks. There will also be an opportunity for questions and answers.
Data gathering activity involving interviews, data analysis, and observation with a cross-section of the organizationï¿½s personnel. After the introductory meeting is concluded, the Principal Consultant will spend the rest of the first day, and/or second day, collecting the data for the Gap Analysis Report.
Production and distribution of the Gap Analysis Report and MS Project Plan. The Principal Consultant will produce a detailed report that will be delivered to you, The Client, within five business days after the conclusion of Activity 3 above.
A concluding meeting with top management and the Principal Consultant. The Principal Consultant will lead a presentation and discussion of the Gap Analysis Report findings and recommendations.
The rest of the afternoon will be spent presenting the findings, answering questions about the findings, and discussing the implementation issues including agreement and finalization of the MS Project Plan.
Inevitably, during the development of proposed solutions, new requirements evolve. These requirements can either be listed and considered as part of a separate follow-on project or discussed and treated by an “exception” mechanism, outlining the work involved, the timing and any changes to the overall schedules and the costs involved.
The Bizmanualz Gap Analysis will result in an Engagement Plan or detailed report, which will include:
- A Project Plan that identifies the strengths and weaknesses of the existing Management System including gaps in compliance, if any, along with performance improvement opportunities. The report will document recommendations on how to proceed in order to address or close the identified gaps. It will contain specific methods for achieving the target objectives.
- A Position Statement on the maturity of the Clients Management System, i.e. the degree to which the Client’s Management System meets the needs of the business and its customers.
- A Training Plan that identifies the gaps, if any, in the Client’s technical skills and knowledge, which may prevent the Client from successfully transitioning to a new Management System. This Training Plan will also include recommendations on how to address the training and development requirements, which may be required.
- Provides a MS Project Plan outlining the estimated resource requirements and the phases, activities and tasks the Client must take in order to achieve the project objectives. This will also include generic timelines required to successfully implement a new Management System.
- Provides a Cost Summary outlining the resources required for each phase, activity and task required to achieve the project objectives. This may include alternative solutions to achieve a specified budget.
Most Bizmanualz Gap Analysis are completed within two days with an Engagement Plan delivered within 5 days of completing the Bizmanualz Gap Analysis.
A Principal Consultant (PC) produces the Bizmanualz Gap Analysis. The PC has experience in business process design, communication, implementation and training. It is standard Bizmanualz policy that all Consultants/Trainers shall be experienced professionals with advanced degrees, certification and training for the projects implemented.
A Subject Matter Expert (SME) provides the topical guidance on industry specific issues. The SME chosen for the Client shall be experienced with the required compliance objectives and regulations.
A Technical Writer provides the written communication expertise required to translate the SME and PC content into clear policy statements, procedure actions and understandable forms. A Technical Writer shall be utilized, as needed, to develop materials or train Client staff.
Bizmanualz has been publishing and delivering policies and procedures information for over eight years. Thousands of companies have utilized Bizmanualz policies and procedures to standardize their organization. To accomplish the assignments encountered for various industry requirements, Bizmanualz has teamed up with a number of qualified individuals that posses the skills and expertise to deliver the very best required by you.
A brief Resume (CV) of the consultants/trainers can be provided upon request, following the conclusion of the Gap Analysis and the identification of the scope of the engagement planned.